Please fill out the form below to request a 1099 be completed on your behalf. Any time a company hires an independent contractor, it will have to provide the proper income tax paperwork to the IRS, meaning it has to issue a 1099 form to the worker; this only applies if the contractor earns more than $600 from the company.